WARNING: Be carefull with FaceIt and FaceIt Client

I three days ago I accidentally clicked “install faceit client” because the bar with it all the time hung at the top of the page.
Let’s start with the fact that FaceIt installs itself and it is not possible to choose a location for it or anything else. We have no control over the installation. It aroused my suspicions, but I ignored it. I left everything as it was, so FaceIt Client started with the system.
Today I realized that FaceIt Client silently turned off my anti-virus, without my knowledge, and installed BitDefender anti-virus Free Edition on the computer!

At this point, I report this program as dangerous.

I want delete this sh1t

Hey @n-gene - there’s a few points to tackle here.

Let’s start with the fact that FaceIt installs itself and it is not possible to choose a location for it or anything else

Unless you have some anomalous setting on your computer, this isn’t the case. I just went and downloaded the AC to check if something weird was going on, but I was presented with this:

If the anti-cheat is already installed and you run the installer again, the file location won’t show up.

Today I realized that FaceIt Client silently turned off my anti-virus, without my knowledge, and installed BitDefender anti-virus Free Edition on the computer!

This sounds like you have some malware on your computer and it just so happens you noticed it after the installation of the FACEIT Anti-Cheat. I would highly suggest you run a detailed scan of your computer, probably not using your old anti-virus or BitDefender.

Alternatively, BitDefender, I believe, is often packaged with freemium software. The “Accept” button is often located in the exact location of the “Next” button. This means that if a user spams through the installation process of some freemium software, they may collect some of these programs.

I talking about FaceIt client, not a AC. LMAO

I don’t have a malware and my computer works fine until I install a FaceIt client on it.
FaceIt client is a malware. I reportd it already.

I suggest not to say nonsense and do not tell me it’s a fault (enter any reason here).

I installed the client 3 days ago and no problems or any “BitDefender”. You must have made an error yourself. Stop being toxic to others when they are simply presenting you with facts and/or trying to help.