Tournament times in EU after daylight saving time

tournament

It seems that all tournaments start 1 hour earlier for everyone living in a country that implements daylight saving time. If I did my homework correctly this (DST) apparently applies for the whole of the EU.

My question is if you are going to change your tournament start times.

Example: the daily tournament for level 5 teams or lower used to start at 19:00 CET. It now starts at 18:00 CET.

Will this change to 19:00 CET again or is this simply the winter schedule?

Hey @gostavos - What game are you looking at when you mention that the times go back? To my knowledge, nothing should have changed for the timings as It just went from CEST and BST to CET and GMT. The website displays times in GMT(CET-1) now, when during DST it displayed them in BST (CEST-1) .

Hi @Kaostic,

I’m looking at tournaments for CSGO. I’m not really talking about what time zone it displays the time in, instead when the tournaments acutally start.

I’m gonna take Sweden as an example here because that’s where I live.
During winter Sweden uses UTC+1 as their time zone.
During summer it’s UTC+2.

According to wikipedia this pattern is the same for the whole EU (not taking into account differing time zones).

Example: On the 28th (the day before the switch to winter time), the level 5 CSGO tournament started at 19:00 (UTC+2).
On the 29th (the day after the switch) it started at 18:00 (UTC+1).

So nothing has changed, really. The tournament starts at the same time. But the whole region where the tournament is held has reverted their time back one hour, causing it to start one hour earlier.

I just spoke to my colleague who manages the creation of the various tournaments and ladders. He said that the ladders/tournaments were created prior to daylight savings and weren’t taken into account upon creation. I’m not sure if he’s going to change the time of the currently created ones, but they will go back to the regular time at some point :slight_smile:

Sounds good :slight_smile:
Thanks alot for the quick reply!