Please allow specify in which folder to install the client

Hi,

I’ve been reading multiple post about that, and I can confirm that being able to select where to install the FaceIT Client would be useful.

For example, the Anti-Cheat installer allows to pick the path of installation, so that’s very convenient.

But the client force the install in %localappdata% (C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\FACEITApp).

In my case, I’m using a Group Policy (GPO / gpedit.msc) to improve the protection against virus like bitlocker/cryptolocker by preventing the execution of random programs from the folder C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local, but it’s at the same time blocking the Client from starting.

So I’m obliged to remove my GPO / Security settings, and that’s a bit annoying, as it will allow random executable to start from this path :frowning:

So I would really like to be able to install the FaceIT Client another directory, like in “C:\Program Files”, for example.

Thanks

Thomas

They would have to change their AC then as well probably, to much to handle.

I don’t think it should be a problem, as most of the time it’s the Client that is launching the AC, and not the other way around.

Anyway, if the AC need to know where the Client is installed (which I doubt), offering the choice to install either in C:\Program Files or in the current %localappdata% could do the trick, as it’s very easy for the AC to check in those two folders to find where is the Client installed.