OMEN UK Open Community Caster Challenge FAQ

OMEN UK Open Community Caster Challenge FAQ

What does the OMEN UK Open Community Caster Challenge consist of?

The OMEN UK Open consists of eight casted Qualifiers where casters will be hosted through the OMEN by HP Europe Twitch Channel. After the Qualifiers have ended, the qualified teams will be entered into the OMEN UK Open League and eight casters will be selected to join them and commentate their games directly through the OMEN UK Open Caster League becoming the voice of the OMEN UK Open.

Once the OMEN UK Open League has concluded, a winner will be picked from the eight casters in the OMEN UK Open Caster League to join top talent at FACEIT’s London Studio to cast the Finals of the OMEN UK Open. Accomodation and travel will be provided on behalf of OMEN by HP.

After the winner has helped cast the OMEN UK Open Finals at FACEIT’s London Studio, they will be awarded with $2,500 worth of OMEN by HP Products. More details from our Terms and Conditions can be found here.

Can I cast the OMEN UK Open outside the UK or Ireland?

Yes, you are absolutely welcome to cast the OMEN UK Open outside of the UK or Ireland but please note, that if you are not a resident of the UK or Ireland, you will not be eligible to receive a prize or qualify into the OMEN UK Open League.

In any case where you are streaming the OMEN UK Open outside of the UK or Ireland, please ensure you still follow the asset guidelines and abide by the rules of the OMEN UK Open.

Can I cast in a duo or a team?

Yes, you may cast in a duo or a team. This could be using an online service, such as Skype or Discord, or live from one PC. If you are chosen to be the winner of the OMEN UK Open Community Caster Challenge, you will need to nominate one team member to receive the OMEN by HP products & caster ticket, however, these can be distributed evenly throughout the team at the nominee’s discretion.
Please note, microphone quality is of key importance with any streaming activity - please ensure that your team’s microphones are not picking up adverse sounds or create a negative viewing experience.

What are the OMEN UK Open streaming dates?

The OMEN UK Open Qualifier & League casting dates can be found at the bottom of the OMEN UK Open Community Caster Challenge page: omenukopen.faceit.com

How will I receive the assets?

A dropbox link (or other third party site) will be sent to you via the email you signed up with. You’ll be able to download all the OMEN UK Open Community Caster Assets from there. If you haven’t received any Community Caster Assets, please email omenukopen@faceit.com and we’ll provide another link.

What assets do I need to use?

All the assets included within the OMEN UK Open Caster Asset Pack will need to be used, in some capacity, throughout the broadcasts. Additional instructions have been included within the asset pack, including when they should be used.

How do I edit the graphics?

The graphics have been developed by pulling information from the XML files included within the Asset Pack. A change to the XML files, results in a change to the asset within OBS/XSplit.

To learn more about changing the assets, please review the email sent to you which includes a YouTube video for OBS Edits and a readme file for XSplit users. Additionally, our team & fellow casters on the OMEN UK Open Caster Discord Channel will be able to assist you - a link to this channel will have been sent to you.

How do I use the graphics with OBS/XSplit?

Included within the OMEN UK Open Caster Asset Pack are the instructions that will guide you through how to use the graphics with OBS/XSplit. With a small amount of technical knowledge, you will be able to include the graphics within your stream. There’s also a Discord channel available to provide support in the OMEN UK Open Caster setup process, which you will have had an invite too.

How many times do I have to play the commercials?

Commercials need to be played during each definitive pause in gameplay, this is approximately once every 60 minutes and may include the end of the match, a technical pause, or when the day’s matches have finished.

More details can be found in the Community Caster Rulebook, section 2G. Link to Community Caster Rulebook: here

How do I know I’m being featured on the OMEN by HP Europe Twitch page?

A stream notification may pop-up from Twitch showing that the OMEN by HP Europe Twitch channel is hosting you, however, in some cases you may need a third party software like StreamLabs. In the case you do have third party software showing follows, subscribers, or hosting, we request that you move this to a different screen or display this in another way (off-stream).

Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of being featured or selected for the OMEN UK Open Caster League?

No, as long as you are casting to the best of your ability and following the in-stream asset instructions then there is nothing additional you can do to improve your chances of winning. FACEIT and OMEN by HP will pick their shortlist of casters for the OMEN UK Open Caster League based on casting performance.