Feedback about ban visibility and recommendation [Toxicity]

feedback

Okey so i would like to put out two very obvious suggestions:

1. Allow people to see if people actually getting punished for toxicity.
    Why? Basically this will enforce the knowledge about the actual penalty of being toxic/harassing/flaming.
    The consequence would be less toxicity.
    I would also like to state that i strongly doubt the current system due to the fact that i basically playing 90% of the time with at least one toxic player in the team or the game, as i’ve read both the reddit section and listening to players.

We believe that a player’s suspension for this type of unsportsmanlike conduct does not warrant the visual shame to their account as this does not reflect the player’s attitude on our platform at all times. Therefore we do not visually show a player’s temporary suspension to their account for these types of infractions.

The visual ‘shame’ does reflect the player’s attitude for the games he had to that point, after the ban the visual ‘shame’ is gone. The player should feel the penalty not just get a cooldown ban and back on the horse again doing the same cycle again. And players who also see this will get the encouragement to be better team players.

The consequence of not having this feature shown to the public is letting people get away with some kind of actual real punishment exception of the weak suspension. But also people who doesn’t see this who getting flamed/harassed/insulted will end up leaving the platform or just having real bad experience overall due to the fact that they can’t do anything about it.

Questions;
-> Shouldn’t people who are getting flamed/insulted or harassed on your platform get any kind of confirmation of justice when they have been the target?

-> Do people get suspended due to the amount of reports or does the staff actually look into the cases even if there is only one or two reports? Because as of now there could be up to three party members where of one could be toxic and still only receive 1 report without the others reporting him.

I strongly believe people actually don’t care that much of the current system sadly and that’s also one factor why this is needed.

1. Implement possible block option in order to have higher chance of not getting in with the same toxic people, there could be alterations to this in order to fit your platform… for example:
    -> If there aren’t many in queue then disregard the block feature.
    -> Weekly clean block list (reset the list weekly)

off-topic,
I really hope faceit improves their platform on these parts as it’s needed.
The anti-cheat was a success which many didn’t believe it would be so i hope this part will be improved as well.

Yours Benya~

SOOOOOOOO many toxic people in faceit premium
Huge language and cultural difference
Toxic players not reprimanded
Can you PLEASEEEEE start banning toxic players
Toxic-
Reported Players
Toxic players need to get banned FASTER
Release stats and figures of banned players for toxic

A blocklist would really improve teamplay a lot.
But please dont make the same mistake like ESEA did and automaticly remove people from your blocklist. Because you will still remember those guys after 1 maybe even after 4 weeks. So maybe id be fine with an automatic remove from blocklist after like 2-3 months but even that is questionable.

I have just opened a ticket about a guy queueing premade and giving away teammates position in chat all the time. He stood there with his knife in like 50% of the rounds and waiting to get killed. So id really like to see this player/griefer getting permbanned.

The supporting admin (Belle) wich i talk a lot to and usually get good responses does a good job there i think. But unfortunately i can not see if my report actually helped/if the person got punished for his behavior.
So i would like to get a notification if somebody ive reported got banned and for how long. Because the way it works atm it just feels like there is absolutely no benefit from reporting ppl.

Thank you for the response!

About the block, well as you see i gave some examples on what can be done.
I agree that the report system is non-existent as we can’t see if it’s actually making a change.

Hi @Benya - Apologies for not getting to this thread sooner. It’s been on my list to read through since you posted it, but I’ve not had the time to set aside to properly digest what it is you’re saying.

Allow people to see if people actually getting punished for toxicity.

If you report a player via the FBI System (Thumbs Down) in the post-game lobby, and action is taken against that user, you receive a private message to let you know that action has been taken.

If the user continues to receive negative feedback from players (Thumbs Down) after action has been taken against their account, this user’s punishment increases exponentially before they are removed from the system for a sizeable chunk of time.

Our data has shown that players that receive a warning (and possible a subsequent punishment) improve their gameplay and interactions with players and increase their FBI score, on average.

The visual ‘shame’ does reflect the player’s attitude for the games he had to that point, after the ban the visual ‘shame’ is gone. The player should feel the penalty not just get a cooldown ban and back on the horse again doing the same cycle again. And players who also see this will get the encouragement to be better team players.

This is a decision made by the team, and I will be sure to add it to my weekly feedback report to see what the team has to say now.

Shouldn’t people who are getting flamed/insulted or harassed on your platform get any kind of confirmation of justice when they have been the target?

This is answered above.

Do people get suspended due to the amount of reports or does the staff actually look into the cases even if there is only one or two reports? Because as of now there could be up to three party members where of one could be toxic and still only receive 1 report without the others reporting him.

It’s a mix of both. If a player receives enough Thumbs Down in the post-match lobby, they are automatically suspended for a period of time (exponentially growing as they receive more). In other occasions, the Support Team will deal directly with player bans in more serious cases (harrassment, IRL threats, etc.).

Implement possible block option in order to have higher chance of not getting in with the same toxic people, there could be alterations to this in order to fit your platform

This is suggested a lot, but would be incredibly easy to abuse to no end. Even if you had only a limited amount of ‘blocks’ (let’s say three), a player could just block people who were better than they in a ladder, thus manipulating the matchmaking to personal gain.

On top of this, It would affect matchmaking in a big, big way. Let’s say that there’s 100 players in a queue. They would be matched via a number of aspects (elo, history, etc.). If there was then a matrix of players within this queue that blocked each other, queue times would rise, and potentially more unbalanced games could take place.

I really am appreciative of you taking the time to submit your feedback and, as noted earlier in the post, I will be taking your notes to our team in my weekly feedback report. You may not see instant changes, but if we decide to implement changes, you will see them over time in our Product Update blogs :slight_smile: .

Then if this is true then of all the 1000+ reports i’ve made 0 actions has been made against them, this is also just one confirmation that your thumb down system doesn’t work, and most likely due to the factors that have been stated here.

But here is the kicker again obviously over 1000+ reports have been made and not a single action has been taken so the data you have actually does nothing as people actually not getting these punishments. Sure to some degree those who have been punished might just shape up but the reality is that Faceit is not doing enough, your current way is not enough. But again the visibility would still be a positive factor and not a negative, however you want to “protect” them instead of penalize them.

Good to hear, i’ll have hope.

Again, this is a “non-existent” as in relation with how many infractions there actually are.
It honestly disturbs me a bit that no one of the staff can admit to this, because to me and probably a big chunk of your community see this clear as day. Don’t you? Maybe the reason why mod/staff don’t see this is because they are handling with 1% of the bad chunk as in a way they think it’s enough.

Yes, it would affect the platform. However in a good way.
When you state “elo, history, etc” what do you refer to when you say etc?

Either way, the consequence in your answer is not long sighted, if you look it in perspective you’ll understand that if people are blocking the toxic players they’ll actually end up with people being more sportsmanlike players and better attitude and thus a new goal for a person playing on your platform is to actually end up with those.
The new goal for toxic people is to actually get there and in order to do that is to behave.
A monthly reset of the lists are therefor a good implementation if this were to go off as everyone would have the opportunity to better themselves.

Again this is a consequence of something good. If toxic players are getting ended up with toxic players they have them self to blame and will realize that which will have a direct impact on them for the better.

Let’s say a person block someone just because he thinks he is bad, now those who actually playing this game knows that everyone has a bad game and as you guys stated earlier one game doesn’t reflect a persons entire history or potential.

add:

I can see a an early setback for faceit in a point of cheer income, this can have a early affect on the economy i guess to a small degree but overall this is a quality thing that would just end up better the community in the long run if you ask me.
Either way i’ll have my hopes.

Hi @Benya - I will be replying to the rest of your points, but I had a look at your account, and it looks like you have notifications disabled, meaning you would never see the alerts of action taken against users you’ve provided feedback on.

You can change this here: https://www.faceit.com/en/settings/notifications

Thanks does this work in the client as well?

Also is this included for the toxicity part? And do we see the name of the player?

It should work in the client, yes, but you will receive an email, not a notification, as far as I am aware.

Yes, you see the name. This is what it will look like:

There’s more details here: https://blog.faceit.com/poll-results-post-reporting-feedback-in-lobby-statistics-and-more-70a333fc859

So it will give the notification if someone were banned for toxicity?

Either way should be stated on their profile when they have been banned.

Smurfs, Trolls and Toxic Russian people. Truth about faceit 5v5

Both, technically.

If you are present on FACEIT at the time of the action taken, you will receive a notification on the platform, while if you are offline you will receive an e-mail letting you know that action has been taken (notification settings for this email can be found in the general notification settings).

Discourage kicking people

Thanks for the reply and that’s good to hear!
Hope the visual ban on their profile is getting considered as it would be a good thing for the community.

So the suggestions are still:

1. Allow people to see if users are banned for toxicity & how long.
  2. Implement possible block option.

Block System for Faceit
It's a shame Leaver and Toxic Player Moderation at lower levels is a joke

I’m just going to bump this once again.

I can’t honestly play on official faceit solo queue due to the toxicity.
I just played my first game on a couple of days and within the first rounds of the game i had to mute two people because of toxicity and one was griefing as well stating where we were etc.

After that the game was pretty much over because of no communication / interest of winning.

90% of the matches you end up with on faceit you’ll meet at least one toxic player.
This is just a typical example:

Just listen to “Grem1” and “Drumber”, this is so typical behaviour of people on faceit, honestly would you feel any interest in playing or trying to win when you have teammates like this?

At this point im not even expecting good games on faceit because of this. I join a game and hope i get positive or neutral behaviour of the teammembers and if not i’ll just mute them and hope the game goes fast so i can leave.

Add: And ha, i got reports after that game because of unsportsmanlike conduct… I’m so tired of this.

The two main issues with FACEIT right now