Developing LINUX and macOS client

community

hi, are you guys developing a client for LINUX or macOS? I am tired of playing on 64 tick servers and i don’t want to run a virtualbox or make a partisoin setup on my computer just to play 124 tick.
Iam defenitly not alone on this topic and i hope you guy are going to or are developing a client for Linus/macOS. if not, well, screw me i guess.

Use Faceit web client. Works the same as Win client.
There is answer about Faceit AC Linux anti-cheat

ok, but there is no anser for the AC there? and if i try to dowloade the client it only alow me to see the doc not install it

There is only Windows Faceit client and AC. They just prevent you to download because you don`t have right OS

so LINUX users can not play FPL or higer ranked games on FACEIT? since we don’t have AC?

Yes Linux anti-cheat
Because Linux and macOS is not for gaming purpose

i know, but programers like to play as well :((((

I’m sorry but what kind of statement is “Linux is not for gaming”? That’s just outright disrespectful for people that prefer to use Linux.

CS:GO runs way smoother on Linux systems than it does on windows, since it is 64-bit after all (on windows it’s still 32-bit)

Your reasoning behind not developing an anti-cheat for Linux isn’t because “Linux isn’t for gaming” - it’s because you probably can’t be bothered to develop an anti-cheat for a different system, and I kind of understand that, since on Linux, without root access, you can’t really do much about cheaters.

Of course you could just fix all of that by having your AC ask for root access every time it runs, but oh well.

Now I really despise that this moderator is just disrespecting people who are asking for Linux support saying stuff like “I feel sad for you if you play games on Linux/MacOS” - are they not operating systems as well?

The problem isn’t Linux itself, the problem is on the FaceIt devs not wanting to spend their time developing an AC for Linux/MacOS.

Since an AC for other OS is highly unlikely, at least let us switch off the requirement of the AC and not have it to be forcefully on every time, so people can actually play on other OS.